- The React Hooks Announcement In Retrospect: 2 Years Later — Ryan Carniato considers hooks to be the most significant turning point in front end in the past five years, but he also says hooks have muddied the waters as well.
- Mediator Component in React — Robin Wieruch’s article made me think just how un-opinionated React is and how architecturally on-your-own you are. It’s tough to find the right abstractions.
- No One Ever Got Fired for Choosing React — Jake Lazaroff’s article is a good balance to the above. Sometimes you pick a library like React because it solves problems you’re likely to run into and lets you get to work.
- A React “if component — I kinda like how JSX does conditional rendering, but hey, a lightweight abstraction like this might just float your boat.
- State of the React Ecosystem in 2021 — Hooks are big. State management is all over the place, and state machines are growing in popularity. webpack is still the main bundler. Everyone is holding their breath about Suspense… so suspenseful.
- Blitz.js — “The Fullstack React Framework” — interesting to see a framework built on top of another framework (Next.js).
- Introducing Zero-Bundle-Size React Server Components — Feels like it will be a big deal, but will shine brightest when frameworks and hosts zero-in on offerings around it. I’m sure Vercel and Netlify are all 👀.
The post Some React Blog Posts I’ve Bookmarked and Read Lately appeared first on CSS-Tricks.
You can support CSS-Tricks by being an MVP Supporter.